Effective Marketing Techniques for Plumbers
The plumbing industry is prosperous. It generates $214 trillion annually in revenue and employs thousands of people. Various other companies are in the same sector; Hence, plumbers need to market their business uniquely.
Traditional Way of Marketing Strategy
- Word-to-Mouth Promotion
This advertisement contains customers’ thoughts and experiences. These are mainly the existing clients’ encounters with the plumbing company’s services. It is diverse in service or product reviews. This marketing contains testimonies from friends or family.
The sole thing problematic in this type of merchandise is its reliability. Thus, it is much better to do follow-ups to refrain from such. Gratitude or a brief survey is helpful enough. These simple gestures ensure customer satisfaction, which is much more convincing than referring a business.
- Local Community Engagement
It is the most traditional but practical way of marketing technique. Locals are the first consumers that a business will retrieve. Participation in the local community is an excellent way for a plumber business to establish itself. Although people may not look for services now, facilitating can help companies reappear in the proper context.
Here are some ideas:
- A beneficial method to meet local plumbers is through Meetup. All meetups are possible both offline and locally.
- Associations and citizen’s groups in the area.
- Show support for the community by supporting schools and PTAs.
Modernized Marketing Technique
- Optimize Website to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization is essential for businesses. An online presence is vital since customers will likely use Google and other search engines to find plumbing services or companies. Local SEO is a digital marketing strategy that ranks high on search engine results pages (or SERPs).
Companies can hire SEO specialists in-house to contract an agency or freelancers specializing in SEO services. Here are some tips to add plumbing SEO on a website:
- Include a business name, contact information, and a service area.
- Use keywords and phrases that customers mainly utilize when searching for plumbing services. These phrases include residential plumbers, plumbing services, or 24-hour plumbers.
- Register the plumber’s website with local directories such as Google My Business, Bing Places, or Yelp.
- Partner with a Lead Generation Agency
Although all the other marketing methods mentioned above are free, this option is more expensive. Working with a lead agency can provide exclusive leads like bathroom leads. They will establish contact with them and put them in touch with their clients. It is a good choice because it gives businesses more in return. Despite paying for qualified leads, they are more practical to grow the business quickly.
See the infographic below created and designed by HomeGuru, known for their plumbing leads services, to acquire more knowledge: