Surprisingly, most insurance companies report a substantial number of claims arising from parking lot accidents. Similar to typical car accidents, parking lot incidents can also present various challenges, including significant vehicle damage and physical injuries. Additionally, if the accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence, victims of parking lot accidents can file for compensation with their insurance company, a process that can be greatly facilitated with the help of a Tucson auto accident attorney. If you find yourself in such a situation, don’t hesitate to reach out for an initial consultation.
Tips to avoid parking lot car accidents.
Parking lot car accidents can be eliminated if you know the tips beforehand. Here are a few tips you can keep in mind.
- Always look at the back camera of your car to ensure there is no one behind. If your vehicle does not have a rear camera, you can get it installed from the market.
- Park your car in a safe place with sufficient light for other vehicles to see your parked vehicle.
- When you are moving your car reverse, do not speed it. Go slow so that even if anyone is around, they can be alert and see you coming.
- Whenever you are loading your things or pulling out, ensure that no pedestrians are around.
Causes of parking lot car accidents.
- Reckless driving or speeding in an empty parking lot.
- Driving under the influence or alcohol or any drug.
- Not noticing the caution sign.
- Poor lighting makes it difficult to see pedestrians around.
- Driving in the wrong lanes in the parking lot.
- Accidently hitting acceleration leading to uncontrollable vehicle and accident.
- Runaway shopping carts.
- Stray Kids are not visible in the back.
Can you get compensation for parking lot car accidents?
Many victims have various misconceptions when it comes to parking lot car accidents. People do not file for a claim thinking they are not eligible since it is not a “typical car accident.” However, you are eligible for getting compensation for your injuries, loss of income, property damage, emotional pain and suffering, and more if the accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence.
The victim must prove that the accident happened due to someone else’s carelessness for compensation. Unlike other accidents, parking lot accidents are difficult to fight as it can be challenging to prove fault. Fortunately, an experienced car accident attorney in Tucson can guide you on the legal procedure, eligibility, statute of limitation, and more to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.